MY MASSAGE PRACTICE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Tom Pettengill, CMT
Ca. State certified since 2011
I treat a wide variety of issues in the body. I approach therapeutic massage with a comprehensive "global body" attitude - looking for root causes to make lasting changes. Knowing human anatomy but also knowing what tissues directly effect other tissues is important to achieve these lasting changes!!
Below is a list of some of the work I do:
1) Orthopedic massage
2) MET practitioner [see below] *
3) tension in any part of the body
4) Fascia stretching read about it here
5) Treat the following issues, on a regular basis:
a) Low Back Pain
b) Shoulder and Neck Tension
c) Hip Pain and Dysfunction
d) Rotator Cuff pain and weakness
e) Rounded Shoulders and Forward Head Posture
g) Piriformis Syndrome
d) Carpal Tunnel syndrome
e) Plantar Fasciitis [pain on the bottom of the foot]
f) TMJ [sore jaw that can also create pain in the ear, neck or even shoulder]
g) Repetitive Motion injuries
* MET: Muscle Energy Technique is a powerful but relatively unknown and unused massage technique. It's a fascinating technique that helps tight muscles release their tension [like sore shoulders or tight hips]. It helps "dissolve" subconscious muscle-holding patterns. The long term result can greatly help relieve pain and assist in balancing muscular functioning. It's a powerful tool! read about it here
My training in orthopedic massage is from the Tom Hendrickson Method as well as from Whitney Lowe's system. I have been certified by both methods. I also have a certification in Swedish massage from Harbin Hot Springs where, subsequently, helped to teach that course for several years.
My philosophical approach to bodywork is to relieve pain and dysfunction as well as educating people to learn more about their own bodies, so they can help themselves with longer lasting benefits.
I like to do bodywork for others to help lessen physical and emotional pain and to assist In calming the mind for a fuller, more aware state of being.
I am an active person who enjoys growing my own food, playing sports, walking/hiking, and doing yoga and meditation. In my down time, I enjoy relaxing with my family, reading, socializing with friends and taking vacations to rejuvenate myself.